Recent Posts

Saturday, February 21, 2009

Re-do-skidoo!


Fin! Complete! The End!

I believe the proper upholstering term for executing this much tufting is, "Yowza!" I’m simply awash in the heady buzz that comes from finishing a re-worked vintage piece of furniture. It's likely that this is as many tufts as we’ve ever done in one piece!

I cannot be sure, but my guess is that my customer Lisa will be pleased with her custom upholstered chair. Here’s hoping! She simply purchased the vintage chair from my online store and then shipped me the needed yardage of her fabric of choice. I suggested several different lines of fabric that I carry, like Mod Green Pod and Ink and Spindle, but she had her heart set on a solid material.

!!!BRACE YOURSELVES FOR A SHAMELESS PLUG!!!


I’m not sure I’ve ever mentioned my workroom on my blog. My usual "spiel" goes something like this . . . “Customization in the home is like couture in the closet. Take this. . . (insert your vintage piece of furniture of choice that is in need of re-working).” So, if this sounds like something you desperately need, you can find more information about this service on my website.

Stay tuned for more show and tell from my workroom.

4 comments:

cotedetexas said...

http://renaemoore.blogspot.com/2009/02/chairs-chairs-chairs.html

your chair is on there!!!

Anonymous said...

Oh, how I adore this chair! :)

Unknown said...

Thanks for the heads up Joni! I think you're right - the leg is slightly different but that is the chair!

Unknown said...

I'm diggin' it, too a*little*bit*vintage! great painted pieces in your online store!