Recent Posts

Saturday, December 12, 2009

Happy Birthday Tin Man


Today is the Hubbs birthday and I'd like to recognize it with a little something more than my usual speech entitled, "Sorry Your Birthday is Overshadowed by Christmas but I'm Pretty Sure Your Birthday Would Have Been a Bigger Deal If You Had Been Conceived by a Virgin." So, I decided to get him one of those cards with a photograph of a couple caught in one of those nauseatingly "I love you so much it hurts" trances, and underneath their picture is printed the phrase, "You Complete Me." On the inside I wrote what I think is a lovely sentiment:
I don't mean to get all "Jerry Maguire" on you here, but my life truly would not be the same without you - honestly, I mean that! I'm speaking from my heart here. (But I do wish you weren't so old . . . . and maybe you could draw a bigger salary. . . and YOWZA! Do you need a haircut . . . . . . . but any who . . . . I hope you have a Happy Birthday.)

As I tossed it to him racing out the door to finish up some Christmas shopping, I said, "Hope you appreciate this, I spent 4 seconds looking through all the cards at the "Stop & Rob" and then stood behind this guy in line who kinda creeped me out cuz he reminded me of the fella I had to sit next to in 9th grade algebra who raised chinchillas and smelled like broccoli!"

Yeah . . . . what can I say, I just bleed sentiment . . . . I know . . . . . . I'm soooo "touchy-feely" and thoughtful and junk.

Happy birthday my love - you are still "as fine as a dime!"

Photos are from a "make-out-sesh" in a photo booth on his birthday in 1993.

Follow my blog with bloglovin

9 comments:

BALLET NEWS said...

aw, lovely of you !

joyce rodli said...

wonderful and cool. happy happies.

Greet Lefèvre said...

What nice LeAnn!!!!
Have a nece birthday weekend!
xx
Greet

Annie said...

O.K. Vintage, you've got me grinning. Oh, and "Happy Birthday, to your Hubs.

trash talk said...

You and Cat Daddy need to get together and create a line of greeting cards. You both have such a way with words that speak straight from the heart...as if!
Debbie
P.S. Tell the honey he wuz robbed...and happy birthday!

Anonymous said...

I love it all! ...and that photo is soooo hot - you two look so happy!!

jvw home said...

LeAnn,
Thanks to you I remembered to blog about my hubby's bday too! (i tagged ya in my blog) I did not realize that our guys share the same birthday: Dec. 12! And isn't your hubby's name also Steve??
Hope yall are doing well and have a very Merry Christmas!!
Jeanette

http://jvwhome.blogspot.com

Lee said...

great memories and Happy Birthday wishes... you are so funny.
Lee

50s Housewife said...

How funny! You are a hoot! :)

My mother-in-law's birthday is in late December and the poor thing always gets combination Christmas/birthday gifts.