Recent Posts

Friday, December 4, 2009

Girl Friday: Oh To Be Japanese and Brilliant



A friend sent this link to me today with a simple observation attached:

"Oh to be Japanese and brilliant....."

And I couldn't agree more, Japanese designer, Tokujin Yoshioka, restructured a window display he first presented in 2004 for an installation at Maison Hermès. The installation will run from now until January 19th, 2010.



Yoshioka's window is designed with an image of a lovely Japanese actress on a monitor with a Hermès scarf hung in front of her. As the image plays the scarf sways on cue as the the projected woman softly blows into it. Watch the video below - it will "blow" your mind - Get it? "BLOW!" - Okay, so I'm a dork!



Window installation at Maison Hermès Japan and all images courtesy of Tokujin Yoshioka Design.

Follow my blog with bloglovin

9 comments:

Six divided by two..... said...

Ooooohhhhhh aaahhhhhhh!! That is so very impressive. Talent at it's finest!!!

Anonymous said...

that is so COOL! thanks for the post and video!!!

trash talk said...

What? You can't be happy being beautiful and brilliant...you gotta be Japanese too?
Debbie

Greet Lefèvre said...

This is beautiful, wonderful, amazing and gorgeous!!!!!!!!
THANK YOU for sharing!!!

Have a wonderful weekend,
Greet

James XVI said...

Hi LeAnn, I'm happy to have discovered you blog!!! Thanks for your comment today on the interview with Greet at Garvinweasel!

Hermès is known for their artful, even risky, approach to visual imagery around the brand, which I think is one of the best in the world. Hilton McConnico, and American from my hometown who has lived in Paris for over thirty years, has produced some films for them in his career as well. I met the former Hermès chairman, Jean-Louis Dumas, at Hilton's home when I lived in Paris in the nineties and have followed the company (and worn their men's cologne) ever since.

Thanks for sharing this amazing video! You'll see me around here again.

Queenplinker said...

I agree, you are brilliant! Love the blog, just started following. Regards from another Texan, Lynea

Pinecone Camp said...

THe Japanese really do it up right! I've watched this a couple of times now. Love it!! Thanks for posting. Love the jazzy Christmas tune, by the way.

Karena said...

I loved the Hermes Video, brilliant and breathtaking! So glad that Greet sent me your way...

Bonnie said...

The Hermes window display is so cool! So simple and yet so elegant! I hope everything is going well with you! Bonnie at Love Your Place