Recent Posts

Wednesday, January 14, 2009

Nothing Up My "Candle Sleeve"


Apparently these have been blogged to death but I couldn't resist. The candle sleeves on your chandelier are white or cream - right? But now we don’t have to rely solely upon prisms to bring a little bling or funk to a ho-hum, ordinary chandelier. Recently while I was flipping through the February edition of House Beautiful I spied a really groovy product by KaarsKoker, a company that produces, among other things, candle sleeves. What a great way of adding a punch of color to otherwise ordinary chandelier or sconce. So, I went to check out the site and I must admit they charmed me - and my fifteen year old was quite taken with pink skull motif. They are made of laminated art paper and cardboard, the tubes are available in a rainbow of solid colors and patterns, including clover, and crossbones, polka dots, hounds tooth, basket weave

The sleeves have a standard candelabra-size inside diameter of 13/16 inch, and come in 4- or 6-inch lengths that can be trimmed to size with a serrated knife. Cost is $12 to $23 per pair. Oh, and kaarsKoker, translates to "candle sleeve" in Dutch.

Below are a few of my favorites:

13 comments:

SimplyGrove said...

These are great!!! Love your blog!

Unknown said...

Thanks Kirsten! I love your post on entryways - great inspiration.

Julie @ Belle Maison said...

i love your blog! i've really enjoyed reading some of your posts. your etsy shop is great too. keep up the great work :)

Unknown said...

Thanks Julie! I really enjoyed your post on Trina Turk and I also enjoyed browsing through your portfolio on your website - you have a lovely, exciting design sense! And we have a mutual admiration society going on here - huh?!

Cindy said...

i've never seen them - i love the skulls! thanks for visiting us!

Unknown said...

Thanks Cindy! I really enjoy your blog, too!

Anonymous said...

These are great! I like the skulls too.

Unknown said...

Hi Jess! - Happy New Year! I'm diggin' the skull, too.

la la Lovely said...

These are so great.. I didn't know about them.. and was looking for some basic ones, so these are fab!

Anonymous said...

LeeAnn, these are great!!! I'm so glad I found your blog cuz i have a few chandeliers I'll be selling and these are perfect to make them different & more modern!
Thanks for the tip!

Unknown said...

Thanks for stopping by JVE! Glad the post was useful to you. I enjoyed looking through your website - it's great and happy!

Hill Country House Girl said...

So glad you posted about these! I just ordered some and love them! I, too, am a bit redundant as I just posted about Curb Service, even though you and others have already blogged about it. I am just so crazy about the concept and had to write about it. I did, however, credit my new friend, The Vintage Laundress, in my post!

Hill Country House Girl said...

Whoa - just realized this post was in January! Oh well - I am a little late to this party, but still loving your blog!