Recent Posts

Wednesday, January 21, 2009

Adolie Day



...clearly, I’m a Print and Pattern slut - I flitter around that blog and bookmark and bookmark and bookmark . . . well, you get the picture - I can’t help myself from developing crushes on almost all of the artists profiled
So . . . I tell you that story to tell you this one . . .

Adolie Day is a French Illustrator whose work I came to know through the Print and pattern blog and now I’m completely enamored with all her illustrations & paintings. In addition to all that work, she’s also a textile designer for children’s fashion, which clearly influences her choice of color and texture. She has a website, and you can enjoy her blog and an Etsy store as well. This is the part of this post where I struggle with putting on airs and pretending to speak French - well, I can’t and unfortunately her website and blog are produced in her native tongue - so, Goggle translation comes in very handy. She seems to have a lovely spirit and in addition to drawing beautifully, she is adorable - don’cha think?!



Photos at her book signing are from here.

4 comments:

Stephanie said...

These are so cute! How could you not fall in love with them.

Unknown said...

Thanks Stephanie! Cool interview with your friend!

Adolie Day said...

Oh thanks!

Pinecone Camp said...

These are so beautiful! Just taking a flip through some of your past posts. Thoroughly enjoying it, though I should get back to work. By the way, this song is absolutely adorable!!