Recent Posts

Wednesday, January 7, 2009

Designer Barry Williams' Turtle Creek Apartment






Barry Williams
is a childhood friend who was featured in the December issue of D Home Magazine. It was wonderful to see Barry be recognized for his talents - way to go! His fabulous Turtle Creek Boulevard apartment, pictured above is heavily detailed, classic, lush, layered, and rich. Barry muses in the article about how he got swept away by it’s legendary reputation in Dallas.

We have not seen each other since our college days but even then his classic style shown through. He’s always had a knack for making all that he touched fabulously elegant. Barry is six feet six inches tall and I am six feet 1 inch tall - we used to proclaim that our children would be quite tall! In the article Barry speaks of renovating his bathroom's 32 inch vanity to match his six feet six inch frame. I feel your pain! I have such fond memories of Barry and our summers spent playing in my cousins front yard in Wichita Falls and college memories of quick hugs and catch up at the local dance spots. It is a wonderful thing when wonderful people have wonderful lives!

Barry has a wonderful interior design firm in Dallas, Texas and you can get info here. You can read the entire article about his apartment here and find more of photographer Stephen Karlisch work here.

5 comments:

Dallas Shaw said...

can't wait to read more- thanks for the tip

dallas
http://dillydallas.blogspot.com

Anonymous said...

is that in Dallas? Very luscious.

Unknown said...

Yep! Dallas - I'm so proud of him - he's an amazingly talented man!

Unknown said...

Hey Dallas Shaw, thanks for the comment! I'm so glad to have found your blog and your Etsy store - I'm a fellow Etsy merchant.

###### said...

I am in Dallas and I love Turtle Creek. I did an interview with a Texas Ranger once in the High Rises there and the building was just beautiful. We took pictures outside. We should have done them in the lobby!