Recent Posts

Thursday, February 3, 2011

My House Is Staring At Me



There's something you should know about me, I have a shortage of personal restraint.  I can turn away from the computer, a book, or some task that I need to finish and see it.  Paint me, my bathroom walls so clearly pleads.  Pull me up, my nappy-seen-better-days carpet begs me.  My entire house, inside and out, can stare at me so intently sometimes, like it's on the verge of speech.  I haven't yet learned how to arrange my thoughts in that reasonable way other folks do.  Thoughtful arrangements like;  maybe you should finish the last project before you begin a new one.  Or, perhaps, you should evaluate your abilities before taking on a major renovation single-handedly. 

I have over the past year, begun and not yet finished a stair redo and a master bath renovation without having the slightest idea when I might finish them.  So, the only logical thing in my mind is to start another project . . . . . and for those of you who know my battles with Do-it-yourself Deficit Disorder, I enthusiastically invite you to STICK A SOCK IN IT! and play along.

My new project is my garage, also known as the dumping ground and my storage unit.  The mere thought of my over-stuffed garage makes my hands tremble and my mouth go dry from sensory over-load.  But no more, because I've begun AND finished the cleaning out process and am moving on to the patching, painting, and transforming part of the job.  So, I'd like to share a few photos to give you an idea of what I started with, where I'm goin' and measures I've taken to get organized.







See you soon with the finished project . . . . and for those readers who are skeptical . . . again, I enthusiastically invite you to STICK A SOCK IN IT! and have a little faith that I'll actually finish this one!

Follow my blog with bloglovin

4 comments:

Olivia said...

Oh my! What a project. You should see my garage. You would up-chuck. My hillbilly hobo cable cords hung above strung with vintage clothes. It's a Labyrinth of clothes strung from here to there. Not to talk about the piles of antiques and collectibles. Sometimes I just get lost and can't find my way out. Thank goodness for Chaco. He can sniff me out and lead me back to the house :) You're my hero!

Dana@Mid2Mod said...

Most of you other vintage-loving bloggers are decades younger than I am, and I marvel at your energy. I make myself sell something as soon as I buy something new. It's my "zero clutter growth" rule. At my age, I could never get motivated to do a major organization project like the one you just described, so this is the way I stay sane. :)

Courtney said...

I love home projects. Before & afters are especially fun to look at on other people's blogs when you don't have to actually do all of the work :)

Yolanda @ Miss Refashionista said...

Love your blog, writing style, pictures and........ That headboard shown in your garage. :D

Ohh my!!!