Recent Posts

Friday, August 27, 2010

Girl Friday: Big Thinkin'



I don't know about you, but I do some of my best "big thinkin'" when I'm preforming tasks like ironing a load of vintage tablecloths or painting a vintage find.  The topic of most of my "big thinkin'" recently has been how I'm going to re-finish my master bath walls and how, using my original direction of Chinoiserie wallpaper, am I going to make them my own.  My original thought was to just flat-out copy the design of vintage Chinoiserie wallpapers, and then I  remembered a couple of pages I had pulled out of some shelter magazines last year. 

Those pages and two of my most favorite "big thinkin'" spots - my garden and my bathtub - gave me my direction.  I have found that given enough alone-time in either place, I emerge a new woman - a new woman with a million ideas!  The ideas range from ones of global significance, like how to solve all of the world's problems, to ideas with very little global significance, like how to re-decorate every inch of my house.  Below are examples of some of the latter:


Follow my blog with bloglovin

8 comments:

Kate Spears said...

oh. my. goodness. you did this? this is amazing! i cannot believe what a talented artist you are! oh wait, yes i can! please dont' keep us in suspense too much longer! i must see the finished project! LOVE THIS SO MUCH!

Morgan Avary said...

I looooveee this!! I cant wait to see it!! You are amazing Lannie <3

Barbara said...

Man, I wish I had your talent!

ballet news said...

I love the contrasting colours and how bright and rich they are. You are genius Lannie !! Have a lovely weekend

ashlina {the decorista} said...

gorgeous! love your style + LOVE my ATX girls.
xo
ashlina
thedecorista.com

Six in One Hand said...

okay.........

You are the best!!!! EVER!!!!

I just want you to come draw on my walls...you don't even have to color them in!

Unknown said...

WOW, you are so talented!!
That Elizabeth Arden ad is very eye catching too!

24 Corners said...

Absolutely beautiful, inspired and brilliant! I love when the muse strikes and the one she is speaking to listens...truly stunning! xo J~