Recent Posts

Tuesday, August 31, 2010

Punch Buggy!!


In an attempt to expose you guys to as much fun, imaginative junk as you can possibly stand, I would like to share some images that I came across from a couple of my favorite designers.

This is the "Bokja Bug" and it was created by Hoda Baroudi and Maria Hibri of Bokja Design. These wildly talented designers have taken an iconic Volkwagen Beetle and covered it entirely in a patchwork of handmade vintage fabrics from the Middle East, tapestries, and car stickers.  It was on display at Spazio Rossana Orlandi during Milan Design Week 2010.


The 'Bojka Bug' was auctioned off on Ebay this past April with all proceeds going to
benefit the children of Haiti.

Photos courtesy Designboom

Follow my blog with bloglovin

10 comments:

Miss Val's Creations said...

Their work is beautiful! Great choice of charity!

" SHABBY JUNK" said...

Absolutely love the vw!!!

trash talk said...

Now that is some piece of work...and I mean that in the most gobsmacked way! Truly unique and a wonder to behold. The gesture is over the top as well. Kudos to them.
Debbie

Pinecone Camp said...

Perfect way to bring attention to Haiti. What a fabulous car!

The Green Pea said...

The bug is to cute! sandi

Fabulously French said...

Wow now that is what I call a car and such a worthy cause.

Leeann x

Six in One Hand said...

This bug has to be worth at least ten hits to the arm!!!

How adorable!!!

lisa golightly said...

Amazzing and beautiful cause. My first car was a 63 bug ... so this pulls at my heart ! I must ask, when it's time to wash it do you take it to the dry cleaners ?

Bridget said...

SO COOL.

Jeni G said...

eye candy! I'm loving your style.