Recent Posts

Monday, March 22, 2010

Blog It forward: Inspiration

Thanks to The Sweetest Occasion for passing the baton on to me during the Blog It Forward - made possible by Victoria from sfgirlbybay - Thanks so much!  And on Tuesday the blogger mash up  continues with The Wandering Writer.

I have many sources of inspiration that might give insight into the way I work. My passions are many and various: from art, music and books to flowers and gardening to family and friends. So here is what inspires me:


COLOR



PATTERN


Along with VeraTricia Guild and Florence Broadhurst provide constant inspiration.




 PRINTED TEXTILES



STORIES 



Sites and podcasts like Selected Shorts, The Moth, and The New Yorker Fiction Podcasts


MY GENE POOL





FUNNY PEOPLE


As Erma Bombeck said, "If you can't make it better, you can laugh at it."



Photos courtesy Erma Bombeck, Haven Kimmel, Sloane Crosley, David Sedaris, Amy Sedaris, and  Simon Rich.  Logos courtesy Selected Shorts, The Moth, and The New Yorker Fiction Podcasts.

Follow my blog with bloglovin

3 comments:

trash talk said...

Just one more thing we have in common...Erma! Doesn't come any better than that.
Debbie

N said...

Great post! I love color as well! :)

Just a note, the link to y blog doesn't work.

Thanks for passing the baton onto me and for posting your great inspirations!

Natalie x

lisa golightly said...

Erma Bombeck .... OMG my mom had all her books and we loved reading her column together. Great post ! xoxo, lisa