Recent Posts

Monday, February 1, 2010

A Stroll Down Owee-ka-bowee Blvd.


If you plan on painting your stairs as a chosen DIY project, there's about a one-bazillion percent chance that you'll spend at least a portion of that undertaking in an urgent-care clinic at the corner of Owee-ka-bowee Blvd. and Lord Just Take Me Now.

I hadn't foreseen this inevitable possibility, thinking naively that it's just some paint and a little tape applied to some harmless looking risers and steps.  Sadly, I was mistaken.

As da Hubbs and I sat for what like seemed like an eternity in the "We Use the Word Urgent Loosely Medical Center Clinic," I comforted myself with the image of a steaming hot bathtub in which I could soak my bruised and bonked-up body parts.

I had worked so hard not to be here, I had held tightly to the hand rail when I scaled up or descended down the stairs, always being very careful to keep my "size boat" feet within the 6 inch space that remained unpainted on each step. It all went wrong, however, when the big toe on my left foot became snagged on the hem of the right leg of my "you-got-a-ka-donky-donk-butt" warm up pants.  I pivoted toward the handrail in order to stabilize myself with my other hand and it was at that point that I started tumbling backward down the staircase.  The scene may have looked something like a gymnastics routine but it sounded more like a shoe in the dryer - a big ol' six feet one inch long, one hundred somethin' somethin' pound steel-toed heavy soled shoe!!

Exactly one hour later the doctor was ready for us.  After a flashlight in the eyes here and a poke and a picture there and a "Yep, that's quite a bruise" statement or two, I was released to go claim my long awaited soak in the tub.  After 2 days of nursing all the sympathy out my family that I could extract, I'm happy to say the only things that are still bruised are my ribs, my tailbone, and my ego.  Oh, and the stairs? . . . . they're fine . . . .  not even so much as a scratch . . . . I'll let them know you asked after them.

So, as a result of all that mess, all have to show you in yet another installment of " The Project from Hell " is more in progress pics.  So here goes:

 


Follow my blog with bloglovin

5 comments:

Mick said...

LOVE, LOVE, LOVE IT!!!!

trash talk said...

Two days??? Even I will begrudgingly dole out three days. After that if you're looking for sympathy...check the dictionary...it's right between s*#t and syphilis!
I think you ought to paint 'em black and blue...serve 'em right!
Debbie
P.S. when do you get the final results on the Poppies? I can't wait to make an announcement on my blog!

The Elegant Thrifter said...

Lady! Are you alright? What are you trying to do...kill yourself with a DIY project? This is BEYOND gorgeous already. I almost think the stencil might be too much.
I don't know, because it's so unexpected in your foyer. Wow is all I can say. xo Stan

Pinecone Camp said...

Ouch! Take it easy....don't look at the steps for a few days. The pink is tres happy!

Ele at abitofpinkheaven said...

I'm so sorry that you took a tumble. Hope you are not still sore! The stairs do, however, look gorgeous. Can't wait to see the end result.