Wednesday of last week was my first official day back from Antiques Week in Round Top, Texas. My return home marked a period of recuperation that I like to call "if-you-value-your-life-let-me-be-in-a-coma-for-at-least-a-week!" Today I awoke from my "Round Top-induced" state, and I've been replaying all the fun times that I had with my newest family member, Stan Williams, and I've been pouring over the gazillion vintage goodies that he and I found. He has a really fun video from one of our days at the show on his blog, The Elegant Thrifter, that can be seen here. I'm also reveling in the fact that I have not had any food containing the words "fingers", "leg" or "on a stick" in their title for an entire week!
A few of the many things that I most enjoy about this show is all the great stories I get hear and the many new friends I get to make. Tuning out the fact that our economy is still sluggish and my booth proved to be a little "squish-ish," my time at the show was just marvelous! (Round Top Texas received something like 6 inches of rain in a matter of a few hours over the last several days of the show, making shopping and selling quite challenging to say the very least!) However, I have decided that the next time I decide to brave the elements and show my vintage linens in a tent out in a cow pasture when there is even the slightest chance for rain, I might want to re-think it and just stab myself in the eye with a sharp stick or repeatedly slam my thumb in the car door, instead!!
The happy, fun times most certainly out-weighed the soggy and the challenging, however, and I'm anxious to share my photos, vintage finds, and as always a little sarcasm with you. I think it is best to just make a list and check it off as I go.
1. I got to hang out with my buddy and newest family member, Stan Williams, also known as The Elegant Thrifter. Stan is truly adored by our family! Please come back to Texas Stan, you are missed terribly!!
2. I had the privilege of meeting an angel posing as a little girl. Her name is Indie Gus and she was hangin out with her Mommy, Aime Sikes, of the Junk Gypsies.
3. My talented son serenaded the crowds at the Texas Rose Show and he even made some tips!!
4. These vintage beauties belong on the silver screen (doncha' think?), but I'm slightly biased. One is my beautiful daughter and the other is my dear friend Casey. My daughter's prowess and confidence as a photographer grew exponentially; she gave her new camera a real work out during this show!
5. It was such great fun meeting Amy of Gypsy Chix and her Mom,Terri, is such great lady, too!
6. My beautiful niece Morgan had her first taste of becoming an entrepreneur. Her goodies at Vintage Gal Rings on Etsy are a must see!
7. Another pair of blog buddies, The Other Theresa of Cottage Gardens and Gina of Peacock Park Designs, were having fun at the blog party. It was so great to meet you both in person!
8. Amy of Whisper Wood Cottage and Junkologie, and Deb of Trash Talking and I are muggin' for the camera here. It was so great to meet you both, finally!
9. Joseph, you are indeed missed! I hope they have gi-normous grapefruit in heaven!
10. It was great to see Becky of Gypsy Rose - I'm lovin' that rose on your shoulder!
11. Sherry Parks of Sea Stars Cottage and Retreat is missing her sweet home in Alabama - I'm sure. It was great seeing you!
12. Annie of The Bunny Bungalow and Corey mug for the cameras at the blog party. Say cheeez . . . pleeeze! So great meeting both of you - I had a blast visiting with you and your tall husband, Annie!
13. Theresa of Garden Antiques threw one wonderful Blog Party - you are the consummate hostess - Thanks for everything!
14. Stan found me a Dr. Pepper - the lovely woman standing between Stan and me is a physician . . . and her last name is Pepper . . . . get it . . . . . . Dr. Pepper . . . . nothin' . . . . It's just me, huh?!
And then there were friends that I didn't get a chance to photograph, but got to hug their necks and visit for a while.
15. I got the chance to hug up on Charlene Abbott of Second Hand Charm and empathize with her broken foot - I hope it's all better!
16. One of my newest friends was made right under my own tent at The Texas Rose show. Melissa Moze of Melissa Moze Designs makes the cutest belts using vintage enameled pins for the buckles - you've got to check her Etsy store out!
17. My old friend Debbie Carroll of Debbie Carroll Designs and I had a few occasions to catch up each on what is going on with the other's husbands, kids and such, but mostly we just oohed and aahed over each other's stuff, as usual! Her Etsy shop is to die for, as well.
18. I met another marvelous woman named Lisa Robison, she is the Executive Director of an amazing non-profit called Dwell With Dignity.
19. My darlin' friend Cheryl Schulke of Stash Couture and Stash Studios stopped by the booth a couple of times to say Hi and visit. Her newly launched design house, Stash Couture, is just fantastic and of course, her blog Stash Studios remains a daily read. Thanks for the Jalepaneo Margaritas - they were delici-ous-ooo!!
20. It was great seeing Linda and Ludmil of Willow Nest Farm, too! I hope you have great fun at Silver Bella in November!
21. Natalie of Two Be Wed stopped by with her Mom and her babe to say Hi and catch me up on her business. You are one busy "chick-a-dee!"
22. And as usual, I was mesmerized by my buddy, Maggie, of The Veranda at Canton. The woman is like McGyver with ephemera!
23. I made a new friend, again right under my nose, at The Texas Rose Show. Debbie Freeman of Duchess d has simply impeccable taste! I was coveting all of her vintage furniture and paintings. I can't wait for her website to up and running!
24. Susie Skinner and Hector Vasquez of Fundustrial had their usual amazing finds! Thanks for the great price on the industrial stools, they are going to perfect at my bar! See you at City Wide on the 24th and 25th.
25. Angelique of Six in One Hand . . . Madness in the Other, it was a blast to visit with you - so glad I had the opportunity to meet you in person!
26. It was such fun meeting Adrienne of The Flying Bee and her husband - they showed me the cutest photos of the B & B they stayed in while in Texas.
27. And last, but never least, The Hubbs - my biggest fan and supporter came through again - you're the best-est and I love your face off!!!
Follow my blog with bloglovin