Recent Posts

Tuesday, March 24, 2009

I'm Off . . . and I'm Leaving, too!


For years , I've fooled myself into believing that I could quit collecting vintage textiles whenever I wanted. I promote the myth that I am in control. Even as my burgeoning collection of linens colonizes on the lounge, the dining table, my desk, and every inch of space in both my linen closet and coat closet, I refuse to admit I have a problem - it's for my business, I keep rationalizing. I feel a little bit like Markie Post or Meredith Baxter Birney in one of those Lifetime movies about the perils of addiction - "Unraveled: The LeAnn Stephenson Story"- in which I rob from the kids chore money fund and pawn my pancreas to get one more shopping fix.

Well, to thin my personal and professional collection of vintage textiles and other vintage goodies, every 6 months I participate in "Antiques Week" in the Round Top/Warrenton area as a dealer/merchant - wink, wink, nudge, nudge. This is the equivalent to taking a compulsive gambler to Vegas or similar to 'make your own pipe night' at the crack house. As I have said before, this event is just an "antique freak's" Mecca. There are fields and fields and dealer after dealer, offering vintage treasures and it's my own little slice of Prozac!

This Spring I will return to Vickie Davis' wonderful venue at "The Texas Rose Antique Show," located across from Marburger Farms, 2075 South State Highway 237. Your can find directions here. The show begins Saturday, March 28th and runs through April 4, 2009.

Perhaps you, some friends, my family, and maybe my accountant could come out and threaten some sort of intervention and help me accept the sobering reality that . . . I actually am a very sick woman!

8 comments:

Lauren said...

Can't wait to see you and your cute booth at Round Top!
Lauren

SimplyGrove said...

How fun!!! WIsh I could join:)

Olivia said...

I'm a little jealous you get to shop! Us addictive type understand. There's so much beauty in this world! Happy hunting and selling!

Anonymous said...

I must come out there and see you. I've never stopped there all the times we've been to Warrenton. This new blog world has brought so many interesting people together! It is so inspiring. I love your taste.

Unknown said...

Thanks everyone for stopping by - if your able, come by and see me at The Texas Rose - I'd love to see you!

###### said...

you have an award on my blog!

olivia gray <3 said...

Hi Mama!
Just Thought I'd Leave A Comment..
I Thought You'd Have Your New Blog Up.
I Still Love This One. :)

- Your Adoring Daughter.

Unknown said...

Thanks to all that came out to see me in Warrenton.

Thanks also to Tamstyles for the lovely award - you're the bestest!

And my darlin' daughter - you know how much I adore you!