Recent Posts

Friday, July 22, 2011

First Liar Doesn't Have a Chance



 "You name it."

These are the three words that leave my mouth when the subject of what I carry in the shop arises.  Which it does, and quite often, and not without a twinge of self-promotion and most often with a little competitiveness thrown in for good measure.  I find myself thinking, when listening to what a customer collects, "I'll see your salt and pepper collection and raise you a mess of printed tablecloths from the 1950s.  I'll see your Eames lounge and ottoman and raise you a Louis XV armchair.  And I'll see your Vera Neumann scarves and buy 'em."  These conversations have no end and no goal, and frankly I have no idea why I carry on so, except maybe I'm just one more vintage find away from starring in the next episode of A&E's Hoarders . . . . check your TV listings, I may already be there.

From the moment that I caught the vintage bug until today, I have lived by the philosophy that it is better to have dumpstered and dived than never to have dumpstered at all.  I have acted as host and restorer to just about every vintage item I could squeeze through the front door.


The other day my son began to question a new friends long term viability, noting that he lived in a house with his mom and dad and no old stuff.

"Not even any vintage knickknacks!"

"Not even," he says like his parents were unfit and smoking crack for lunch.

"But how does that work, exactly?" he asked.

"I don't know, I guess their family just likes a minimal look to their home."  I try to explain.

"Sounds awful."  he says.

So, apparently it's genetic.

I can't think of a smooth segue from there to photos of the shop.  So, here they are,  the "can't-get-no-minimal" shop photos.  Oh! . . . . and don't forget to join The Vintage Laundry on Yelp, Foursquare and check in when you visit and receive a discount on any purchase or you can join us on our Facebook fan page or follow my Tweets to get updates on new merchandise, deals, invitations to exclusive events, workshops and lots more.  Special grand opening specials begin next week and you don't want to miss out!!


Comes see our collection of vintage china, crystal and silver . . .


. . .  or peruse our vintage chandeliers . . .



. . . or linger in our vintage clothing room . . .



. . . . and don't forget about our Grey Gardens Collection, where you can customize and furniture purchase with paint and upholstery of your choosing . . .




. . . or maybe you have a wedding, dinner party or event that you're planning . . . . check out our vintage rental inventory . . . .



 . . . and of course there is always our vintage textiles and linens to Ooooh and Aaah over!




Follow my blog with bloglovin

1 comments:

trash talk said...

Can I even get a sweater to wrap around my head?
Deb
P.S. No knick knacks indeed. Primitives!