Recent Posts

Wednesday, June 22, 2011

BREAKING NEWS!!!


I admit it.  I flunk blogging.  I'm inconsistent and I take loooooooong breaks in between posts.

But today, I have news . . . BIG news!

If my blog were one of those 24-hour news channels like CNN or MSNBC, it would be running an endless loop of white banners at the bottom of your computer screen with phrases like VINTAGE LAUNDRESS SIGNS LEASE and LAUNDRESS TO REOPEN BRICKS AND MORTAR SHOP.  And, under the white banners would be "the crawl," - you know the endless moving line of script that reports the steps that I have taken over the last several weeks to prepare for opening day, from the paint colors that I have chosen to cover the walls of the store, to the number of friends, family and even customers that have come out of the woodwork to help get this venture up and running, to how much paint I find in my hair, under my fingernails, and on every single t-shirt and pair of shorts that I own on a daily basis.  I might even resort to using one of the most oversold phrases on the planet and slap a bright red banner that reads "BREAKING NEWS" across my blog header just for funzies. 

All of which you might think a little excessive, but I'm really excited about reopening the shop and want to share the details.  I mean, you have to admit, it's not like my BREAKING NEWS is something obvious like;  BREAKING NEWS:  NUNS DON'T CUSS or BREAKING NEWS: IT'S GOOD TO HAVE EARS.

So, back to my point (and I've buried my lead as usual);
BREAKING NEWS:  I'M REOPENING THE SHOP!

Below are a few photos of the shop before I got my hands and paint on it.  Thursday and Friday I will share "after" photos and supply the "what", "when" and "where" details of the grand opening.












Follow my blog with bloglovin

8 comments:

RAENOVATE said...

congratulations! what a beautiful space!

ThisVintageHouse said...

Congrats!! I love it! I can't wait to see it when it's done.

trash talk said...

Gorgeous location...just promise me you had someone else paint the stair steps!
Good luck my friend!!!
Deb

Miss Val's Creations said...

What an amazing and perfect space to show off your vintage items! Congratulations and best of luck during this exciting time!!! ~Val

Claire said...

I'm so excited - can't wait to come see it!

Anonymous said...

Gorgeous house and I am sure your shop will be smashing. Can't wait to see photos.
Victoria

Lindsey said...

wow!! What a FABULOUS house/space!!! Can't wait to see what comes next once you get in there! So cool! Congrats!

Anonymous said...

Cool space. Best wishes!