Recent Posts

Thursday, April 29, 2010

Thingy Thursday


I admit freely, easily, even, to anyone who asks: I'm a collector slash hoarder slash "if-you-don't-want-it-I'll-take-it" kinda chick.  If someone put it in a garage sale, I bought.  If someone trashed it, I dumpster dived it.  There is not a minimalist bone in my body.  I come by this green-recycler-obsessive-compulsive behavior, not because I abhor overflowing landfills (which I do,) but because I'm neurotic - and I'm only sorta kidding here.

So, to make myself feel better about all that, I've decided to add a new weekly post to the blog beginning in May.  It will be called "Thingy Thursday" and as the name suggests, it will serve as a vehicle to showcase collectors and the "thingies" they collect.  The plan is to begin with my own personal collections next Thursday, followed by Lynn Goldfinger-Abram of Paris Boutique Hotel, Stan Williams, author of The Find (aka The Elegant Thrifter) on the following Thursdays.  Others that have agreed to share their "thingys" are Victoria Smith of sfgirlbybay, Diana Durkes of Fine Diving Chicago and Jessica Enig of Such Pretty Things.

If you would like to play and show off your "thingies", just email me and I can send you the profile questions. 

See you next Thursday!

Follow my blog with bloglovin

6 comments:

AuroraSuzette said...

There's not a minimalistic bone in my body either! I will use that qoute, I know I will! Great idea.

Sonya --Dime Store Thrift said...

I wanna play along LeAnn!
dimestorethrift@aol.com

Pinecone Camp said...

I have a few collections, but I try to keep it to a minimum as I hate dusting! I just featured a great collector of things and she does a fab job displaying. I'll look forward to reading your collecting posts!

trash talk said...

Does "collecting my thoughts" count?
Debbie

The Antiques Diva™ said...

I'm so sending you an email... I have collections of my collections! :) Cant wait to see what some of my favorite bloggers bring to the table when they share their collections chez vous!
Toma

jenn said...

I'd love to play! I tried to email through the link on your store site but I don't think it went through. Here's what I said: I'm not famous like the fabulous people whose collections you are planning to show, (and I can't wait to see!) but I'm slowly photographing my collections and showing the photos on Flickr. http://www.flickr.com/photos/quercusdesign/sets/72157623797034315/
And oh, of course, I love your blog!