Recent Posts

Friday, May 15, 2009

Make That Two Pink Martinis


I'm off to the Pink Martini concert in San Antonio tonight at the Lila Cockrell Theater. They will be performing with the San Antonio Symphony beginning at 8:00pm. tonight and tomorrow night. My son is on a field trip to Six Flags in San Antonio today, so, we are "springing" our daughter out of school early and driving to San Antonio to pick my son up at the park. The plan is to get all dressed up in our "swankiest" duds, have a nice dinner and cocktails (not the children, but the adults) and go see Pink martini (the band, not the drink) HA! I slay me!!!!! As you can see, I'm beside myself with excitement! This will be the first opportunity I've had to see Pink Martini live, though I've been smitten since one of my dearest friends introduced me to their music earlier this year. I posted a lengthy piece about Pink Martini and it's band members here.

Pink Martini, time with the Hubbs and kidletts and cocktails - I can't think of a more perfect weekend!



I leave you with a few Pink Martini recipes that I found on the Swank Martini website

Pink Martini Recipe


1.25 oz greygoose vodka
0.25 oz lime juice
0.25 oz triple sec
0.25 oz cranberry juice

Serving Instructions
Shake with crushed ice. Strain into glass. Serve in a cocktail glass. Garnish with lime.


Pink Panther Martini Recipe


Splashed with champagne.
2 oz. Gin
1 oz. Campari
½ oz. Grapefruit juice
½ oz. Champagne

Combine gin, Campari and juice in mixing glass. Add ice and shake.
Strain into your Swank Martini Glass and top with Champagne.

6 comments:

TexaninAlabama said...

I'm so jealous! You live in Austin, love, and you are going to San Antonio to hear the Pink Martinis! Why, oh, why did I listen to my husband and move to Alabama!!! Enjoy your evening!! Don't take it for granted!!!
Misplaced Texan

A "cheery" disposition said...

yum im going to try this.

The Elegant Thrifter said...

Love, love, love Pink Martini. I saw them a couple of years ago and it was a delight. Even though they are American, they always make me think of Paris. You might also like Las Rubias del Norte. Stan

Marie Reed said...

That sounds just FAB! The band and the drink combined!

Unknown said...

Stan, I'll have to seek Las Rubias del Norte out. And Cara, Texas misses you back. The concert and the entire evening was an amazing experience - we were even able to visit with the band after the concert! Thanks everyone for the great comments!

sarathira sukiman said...

youre so luckyyyyy!! i would love to see them perform live. im sure you enjoyed yourself!